Railroad Forums 

• Rochester, NY Lehigh Valley Station

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#825907  by NYCRRson

John, thanks so much for posting these! I never really understood the track layout at the station but now it is clear to me. I always thought that the tracks were below the station (where the canal towpath was), but now I see how it was setup.

Do you think I could get free lifetime meals (Yum, Yum) at Dinosaur BBQ if I made them a nice HO scale diorama ?

Thanks and Cheers, Kevin.
 #825936  by TB Diamond

Walked the ramp up from the yard to the station back in the early 1970s. Construction of the Howell Street bridge on the inner loop effectively removed this ramp.
 #827632  by Otto Vondrak

NYCRRson wrote: I always thought that the tracks were below the station (where the canal towpath was), but now I see how it was setup.
The tracks below the station in the canal bed were of course the Rochester Subway. Court Street station was located at the entrance to the tunnel, adjacent to the LV station, half exposed and half under Court Street.

Looking at the stone piers, it looks like the LV left a provision in case they wanted to add a third track to the terminal?

-otto-