Railroad Forums 

• Grizzly Flats Depot, Disney, and the LVRR.

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#808978  by scottychaos

Hey everyone,
We have had a few discussions around this over the last 5 years or so..
I finally got around to making a webpage! to gather together all that is known..
check it out!

http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychao ... index.html

Comments, corrections, discussions, etc, all are very welcome.

thanks,
Scot
 #809022  by Bethlehem Jct.

Thanks Scot. I always had assumed, based upon how the 1893 book worded it, the station was a "cookie-cutter," if you will, model for the flag stops along the LV's Pottsville Branch. That would be most of the stations. I'm basing that assumption on the fact that the line was built around the same time as the LV's mainline extension from Van Etten Jct. to Buffalo. Most of the stations on that stretch of mainline are of the same design. I thus figured that the same station was used along the Pottsville Branch, which ran through pretty much the middle of nowhere on it's way to the Schuylkill Haven area.
 #809138  by eddiebehr

There was a TRAINS MAGAZINE article early 1950s, reprinted in TRAINS' OFF THE BEATEN PATH collection of articles on shortlines and unusual operations about 1955, with the title TRAIN TIME AT GRIZZLY FLATS.