Railroad Forums 

• New book

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1320897  by OvidPete

I have written a book "The History of the Hayts Corners, Ovid & Willard Railroad" otherwise known as the Willard branch of the Lehigh Valley Railroad. The book is 216 pages and includes photos (some in color), maps and passenger schedules. Many of the photos are of the building of the Willard Hospital that was served by the line. There is an extensive study of the passenger service. The book is spiral bound and is for sale for $35.00 plus shipping.

If interested please contact Peter Allen at [email protected]
 #1321043  by BR&P

Wish I had known you were writing that. I have an LV report of a fatal head-on between two track motor cars in 1920 or so, within sight of the depot at Hayt's Corners. One of the attached pics has the depot visible. What's incredible is the condition of the track - they stringlined the ballast. You can look down the track and there is an absolutely sharp line, with not one stone of ballast outside the line.
 #1321081  by OvidPete

I would love to see this photo. I am working on a book on the history of the Ithaca-Geneva line that will be similar to this book. Accounts of accidents can yield a lot of information about the operations of a line.