Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley Buffalo Division Track Chart Request

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1229264  by HexOmega2319

Hey All,

I know one of you must be hoarding a track chart on the LV's Buffalo Division, I'm looking for a kind soul to please forward me that track chart for an upcoming 3D representation of the LV mainline. I am particularly interested in the segment of the line from Buffalo Through Rochester to Utica.

Thanks All!
 #1229365  by TB Diamond

Any track chart that would depict the Lehigh Valley Railroad passing through Rochester or being present in Utica would be grievously in error.

The LVRR served Rochester via a branch line that came off the main line at a place called Rochester Jct. and which terminated at a station located on Court Street in downtown Rochester, 13.2 miles.

The nearest the LVRR ever came to Utica was Canastota on the Cortland branch, approximately 35 miles west as the crow flies.

Have some tracks charts: Depew (MP 438.0) to North LeRoy (MP 400.0) and MP 350.0 west of Geneva to Caywood (MP 320.0). Being incomplete, these would serve more to confuse than to enlighten, however.
 #1229802  by lvrr325

For the second time, the Lehigh Valley never went to Utica, what you are looking for does not exist. The main line for all intents and purposes turns south at Geneva and does not turn directly east again until Allentown PA.

The link already given will have signal and track data for the portion of LV mainline which was served by Conrail for a short period before removal. Other bits and pieces are out there, but in 1975 the LV was essentially single track with sidings who's location can be garnered from a timetable, with CTC signals under Rule 261 for the most part (251 in some places).

And, of course, there are still pieces of LV main left which can be followed on Google Maps sattelite view to get an idea what was there.