Railroad Forums 

• Lizard Creek station

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1176935  by charlie6017

Here is a great site dedicated to the Pottsville Branch......lots of goodies here and hopefully
there will be the info you are seeking. I just found this site myself (and book-marked it!)

http://onetechy.wix.com/lvrr

Charlie
 #1178051  by Bethlehem Jct.

I think that the station building was located on the mainline, where the branch joined the mainline at a wye. The station sign shows the "--- miles to New York" and "--- miles to Buffalo" on either end. That feature was only, to the best of my knowledge, displayed on mainline station signs. Also, Lizard Creek Jct. is in the mainline time tables shown in the Official Guides in Jan. 1905 and Jan. 1910. According to the guides, Pottsville branch trains terminated and originated at Lizard Creek Jct. On the mainline, only a few locals each way stopped at the station.
Judging by the the rocky hill in the background, I'm guessing that the station was within the wye, closest to the (railroad) east side of it. I'm also willing to guess that one of the wye branches runs behind the station in that photo.
On that page that Charlie linked is a 1916 public timetable for the branch. It appears that, by then, passenger (most likely mixed) trains were bypassing the junction station and terminating/originating at Bowmans station.