Railroad Forums 

• Herb Trice passed away last night 1/5/2013

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1129599  by scharnhorst

Herb Trice passed away quietly last night in his sleep on January 5, 2013 for anyone who dose not know him he was a well known Lehigh Valley History buff and collector and author of several articles on the Lehigh Valley as well as his well known book The Gangly Country Cousin which covers the Lehigh Valley operations in New York State. He will be missed by all that knew him and were able to gain a unique history on the Lehigh Valley.
 #1129603  by scottychaos

aww..sorry to hear that! Herb was a great guy!
I got to meet him a couple times at his house in Auburn.
He found out I was doing research on the Utica Ithaca & Athens Railroad's "Leviathan",
and he invited me over so he could share some of his photos! :)
He let me take them home, to scan them, and I returned them to him a few weeks later..
very nice guy! and yes, his "Gangly Country Cousin" book is excellent! highly recommended..

Thanks for everything Herb..

Scot
 #1129928  by scharnhorst

Herbert V. Trice's funeral arrangements:

Calling Hours are Tuesday January 8th from 5 to 7pm at Langham Funeral Home, 75 E. Genesee St., Auburn.

Funeral Services will be at 10am, Wednesday January 9th at the funeral home, followed by burial in Fort Hill Cemetery.