Railroad Forums 

• diesels of the reading company volume 1

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#1007522  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Book looks good,many CLEAR SHARP large roster shots,a few action photos of every first generation diesel on the RDG railroad by the numbers. overall a 7 out of 10, reason: short on text,long on photos. there are errors but no book is perfect,this one took alot of work to put together. so far the BEST RDG diesel book that has been done . 320 pages,w/diagrams ..well worth the 64.95 price. Robert Gottschall
 #1012064  by RonM

I was hoping to look this book over at the Amherst West Springfield show but Withers had not arrived and set-up on Saturday.

Another vendor had a sealed copy and I hate that as I cannot preview to make sure I want it. I just don't have $60.00 to throw around and I was also hoping to get a show pricing and maybe even an autographed copy from Withers. I also buy the Diesel Era magazine as well since the local hobby shop now longer carry them.

Anyway, the other vendor also had another book with a similiar title (sealed too). I forget the author / publisher, I'll have to search google or Amazon. *edit* It was the Dale Woodland series*

So, if I may ask, how many pages are there on the RS-3's?
 #1014425  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

The woodland book is all color for the most part. (the HH-900 is in B&W but color shots do exist of them,go figure)it has fancy color page headers for the various classes,action photos and text mainly about delivery dates and routing. in the TRAIN MASTER section,it has almost a word for word account of a before published article about these units. I sold my copy,not one of my" keepers." IMHO