Railroad Forums 

• Former Reading car #2060 being moved

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#860547  by GP30 5513

The former Reading passenger car that's been resting along RBMN's Good Spring Branch in Good Spring is going to be moved shortly. The car was raised off of the ground recently & placed on wooden cribbing. I am not privy to where the car is going, who owns it, or how long it has been there. Some people may know this car as a former dining room at the Fountain Diner, which is now the Fountain Family Restaurant. She's in some fairly rough shape, with some holes rusted through the floor.

I took some photos this morning [10/14/2010] before she's moved.

Google Maps link of the RDG 2060:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 3&t=h&z=19

Trackside shot

Opposite side

Showing her Reading Paint

Steps partially folded down

Enjoy.
 #860724  by RDG Diesel

The 2060 is being prepped for its move to Hamburg and should move shortly after some further work is done.
 #985232  by GP30 5513

On my way to work this morning, I noticed a white semi (sans trailer) sitting near RDG 2060. I can report that she is now gone, no longer in Good Spring. I would assume the RCT&HS moved her to Hamburg today.