Railroad Forums 

• C&F Branch to Haafsville

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#773045  by frankgaron2

Probably the last visible remnant of this line - the former coal trestle piers still extant on Haafs Road. Most of this line is plowed under/or buried underneath the Nestle & DHL warehouses. Again, would love to know more about this line!
 #784949  by MrBill

I enjoy finding out about these little sub-branches. Looks like that coal trestle was the very end of that line. There was yet another parellel branch south of this one off of the C&F that ran to the quarries at Klines Corner. It was abandoned even earlier than the Haafsville line. You can see them here:
http://historical.mytopo.com/quad.cfm?q ... &series=15
It's in the southwest corner.
 #784951  by frankgaron2

Hi There:

Glad you enjoy these - I've lived in the west end of the Lehigh Valley for 7 years now, and am still digging up some interesting material.

I live in Breinigsville - just north of the line to Klines Corner. It gets really hard to trace the further west you go. It's mostly plowed under. I can't really tell where the quarry was - any ideas?

Thanks for posting!

Frank