Railroad Forums 

• Construction on the RDG Chester Valley Branch

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#735665  by davemattfan5

I drove by the Mill lane station today and noticed that there is work being done. As i looked down the ROW, I noticed a few workers down past the old Mill Lane station. It's odd that they are doing work on a Sunday. They have parked a bulldozer and dump truck on either side of the grade crossing on mill lane. See pictures.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of construction they are doing? I don't see any above ground utilities that they might be working on. What gives?
ChesterValley_0002.JPG
ChesterValley_0001.JPG
 #738122  by RCman2626

That is the start of construction on the Chester Valley bike trail. East Whiteland is finally holding up their end of the bargain and beginning construction...ten years late. Will be nice to walk the RoW again after all these years. I remember seeing the locals come by my neighborhood three days a week.
 #742071  by John Johnstone

Where is the Mill Lane station located? Are there any other stations left on that line? I believe there is still a station (now residence) near where it crossed Rt. 452. Does anyone know what that station was called? Thanks