Railroad Forums 

• Reading Shamokin Division research

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#647685  by jadebullet2

Hi,
I am currently doing research for a massive modeling undertaking. I plan on modeling the Reading's Shamokin Division in Virtual scale using Trainz Railway Simulator 2009, making it as accurate as possible. The route is going to be set in the 1950s so that I can model the transition era with late steam and early diesels. Right now I am trying to gather as much information as possible so that I can make the route accurate. I have already contacted the RCTHS and they are willing to get me information as soon as they are able, but it could be a while.

I was wondering if anyone had any information, pictures, track maps, signaling maps or anything about this route, since it is almost entirely gone now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
jadebullet
 #653993  by Schuylkill Valley

What would you need to know? I have the compleat set of Real Reading blue prints for the Shamokin Division. from Tamaqua to East Monahoy Jct Wye track and all of Louct summit , plus Shamokin .

Let me know.

Len.
 #658832  by jadebullet2

That is pretty much the area that I plan on modeling. Unfortunately the tracks are long gone, so I only have a vague idea of where everything was. Would it be possible for you to scan the blueprints and email them to me or something similar to that. If it is not possible, I understand. I am basically looking for the track layout and everything like that so that I can accurately lay the tracks. I thankfully won't have to worry about the actual terrain of the area since there is a program that is available to me that can accurately recreate real life terrain off of something like google earth.