Railroad Forums 

• Surviving RDG Stations

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#804364  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Thanks for posting the pic,today the inside is all cleaned up (benches removed)and dry thanks to a new roof donated by a local dept store business man. The main waiting room will feature rolling displays on RR history and transportation.
 #804390  by jrevans

RDGTRANSMUSEUM wrote:Thanks for posting the pic,today the inside is all cleaned up (benches removed)and dry thanks to a new roof donated by a local dept store business man. The main waiting room will feature rolling displays on RR history and transportation.
Thanks for the update, and glad to hear that there's a new roof on there now.

I see that Senator (for now) Specter put in a $400k appropriations request for station restoration. That would be nice if the group had that money....
http://specter.senate.gov/public/_files/THUD.pdf
Project Name: Franklin Street Station Intermodal
Grantee: Berks Area Reading Transportation Authority
Request: $400,000
Account: Bus and Bus Facilities
Franklin Street Station Intermodal – I urge the Subcommittee to provide $400,000 for the design,
engineering and construction required to rehabilitate, restore and develop the historic Reading Railroad
Franklin Street Station located next to the Berks Area Reading Transportation Authority Park-N-Transit
Facility. Funds will also be used to convert the historic station to a modern, more efficient and
environmentally sound facility.
 #804424  by Steam man

Franklin Gowen wrote:Jim, thank you
And a shout-out to fellow poster Steam Man for this comprehensive listing of surviving stations along the former ACRR. I appreciate it. :)
:-D :-D
 #841379  by limejuice

Does anyone know what happened to the station building that was most recently in Newtown? (formerly Fairless Jct.)
 #843583  by David

There are two surviving Reading stations on the Grenloch Line in New Jersey. They are the Blackwood Station and the Grenloch Station. The Grenloch Station is a private home and the Blackwood Station has been moved to a nearby historic park where it has been restored. Also see my avatar--The Mount Ephraim Station, but gone.