Railroad Forums 

• West trenton rail bridge turns 100 today?

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#1189814  by 25Hz

Was just doing some research into the old reading delaware river bridge (west trenton rail bridge) and it seems it was dedicated 100 years ago today!

Going to doylestown today, so perhaps on the way home instead of exiting train at langhorne i will continue to west trenton! :)
 #1189976  by rslitman

100th anniversaries in this fortnight are not so rare in West Trenton. My employer, New Jersey Manufacturers (NJM) Insurance, hits the century mark on June 7. But they didn't move to West Trenton until 1966.

If I had gone to work today (I took the short holiday week off), I would have been on the bridge just about the time I read this message now. I will think about this anniversary the next time I'm on the West Trenton train.
 #1189999  by 25Hz

Didn't go today, going tomorrow, looked at my calendar wrong, however i'm going to try and go get some photos before the light is gone today! :)

It's too bad they couldn't make the viaduct 3 tracks, as the centennial bridge was 3 tracks.......