Railroad Forums 

• CT-2 Resumes

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1186543  by fl9m2004

I assume and correct me if I'm wrong
But there will probably not be any CT2 till tracks in Bridgeport are repaired
 #1186596  by DutchRailnut

unless they teach that thing to fly.
 #1187307  by fl9m2004

It's too bad there isn't a possible detour reroute where all trains can continue toward their destinations
Until the main line is ready for regular service resuming
 #1226109  by DutchRailnut

demand for CT-2 is based on two things, how much blacktopping is done by surrounding towns and first real frost.
 #1256441  by DutchRailnut

When towns are starting to Blacktop, which is not during freezing weather or first few weeks after it.
 #1262979  by fl9m2004

Heard first ct2 last night during 1894's time slot not sure
Anyone else seen it since warm weather is with us till hopefully late November
 #1270364  by FL9AC

CT-2 is doing it differently lately with basically a two day round trip up the branch and back down. After northbound train does necessary switching at either Tilcon or Rings End in Bethel locos and usually an empty centerbeam or two tie down in Danbury on the Housy main until the next night when they head down the branch after 1876 (last train up before bustitution) get in to Danbury. This afternoon four locos sitting without cars...a B40-8 on each end bracketing two B30-7 b-units.
 #1270568  by fl9m2004

thanks for explaining the schedule
I saw those engines yesterday while on one of the buses
At first I thought they where outlawed but then heard them head south last night
So I guess right after 1876 heads up would be a good time to see it head north?
 #1281120  by fl9m2004

Being how regular service resumed Monday July 7th when would CT2 be heading through merritt 7 or westport toward Danbury
 #1281560  by fl9m2004

Going to try getting to westport around quarter to midnight being how cp244 is there pretty good shot of it coming west with trailing engines leading west and ones facing east trail
I'll be there Wednesday night/ thursday am
 #1282238  by fl9m2004

Would CT2 be heading westbound tonight and if so when would it hit New Haven or Westport
Going to try seeing it