Railroad Forums 

• Crane in Worcester

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1000229  by frrc

Noticed a rail/crane in Worcester this afternoon parked along the tracks that lead to the Gardner Branch/Ayer branch. Right before the exit for Rt 9 / Lincoln square.
 #1000838  by boatsmate

I sw it there also, I know they ave been replacing bridges on the gardner branch. I posted a report to the P&W yahoo group but got no response.

Bill
 #1000862  by Red Wing

There has been MOW equipment parked at Norton's for the past couple weeks and I've seen them working lately around the Holden St/Brattle St. crossing.
 #1001837  by bwparker1

I too spotted this crane today from I-290, heading south at roughly 10:30 am on 12/28/2011. It was cool to see it, I have never seen anything on those tracks when driving through Worcester!
 #1002490  by daylight4449

Sure it isn't from the wreck train? They usually park it behind the shops. It's been parked by the 2203 when not in use.