Railroad Forums 

• SD60s on the P&W

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1098379  by Pj

Small point, IIRC GE Transportation bought out/aquired Harmon some time ago. All new equipment that is/was Harmon will now say GE Transportation/Global Signalling - at least on my RR that is what happened.

Not to say that old stuff is still out there, but the general rule is to not to reuse the older equipment. Our older ultra-cab equipment took up a good size of the nose area, now its a nice small box.
 #1261954  by MEC407

DutchRailnut wrote: I believe MNCR is more concerened with Height of these units 16'2" as per EMD Specifications.
yes you can lower fans by few (maybe 4) inches and even horn , but your still at or exceeding the height of MNCR timetable which is 15' 6" with no exceptions.
At this point we know that P&W did lower the fans and move the horn, but what else did they do to comply with the MNCR height restriction?
 #1262338  by MEC407

According to the GATX web site, their SD60s are 15 feet 7-1/8 inches in height, and weigh 368,000 pounds.

Source: http://www.gatx.com/wps/wcm/connect/GAT ... ives/SD60/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1264325  by fl9m2004

I saw 2 of them today near the south entrance to cedar hill yard both facing south
Also the gatx hopper cars from FPCH where there
Not coupled to engines but saw about 15 of them
Seen from interstate 91 on both sides
Also engines where not there when I returned south
 #1301986  by BandA

Snazzy. Will these be shared by the two railroads? Do radial trucks mitigate the track stress, make it like it's only 4 axles?
 #1302019  by MEC407

P&W will be using it for half of the year and VRS will be using it for the other half.
 #1303915  by gregorygrice

Finally got around to chasing the thing and caught it at two locations. I was supposed to catch it Tuesday night but something caused them to not come down till after 2AM.

Here's the GMTX #9000 in it's 7th night of revenue service: http://youtu.be/TnotXpHSnoo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!