Railroad Forums 

• Red Technologies Portland, CT

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1321665  by Sir Ray

Concrete ties on their siding? Fancy...are they going for 125t cars?

So what will Red be loading anyway? C&D? Contaminated Dirt? Will they be unloading?

From their somewhat out of date website:
"Located in Bloomfield Connecticut, RED Technologies, LLC is the leading source for site and environmental contracting. RED specializes in heavy highway site construction, environmental & remediation services, as well as transportation & disposal solutions."

The building looks cool (mainly since it will be use for transload), but will they ever fill the gaps in the exterior wall siding along the rail siding (could get drafty).
 #1321758  by bwparker1

Sir Ray wrote:Concrete ties on their siding? Fancy...are they going for 125t cars?

So what will Red be loading anyway? C&D? Contaminated Dirt? Will they be unloading?

From their somewhat out of date website:
"Located in Bloomfield Connecticut, RED Technologies, LLC is the leading source for site and environmental contracting. RED specializes in heavy highway site construction, environmental & remediation services, as well as transportation & disposal solutions."

The building looks cool (mainly since it will be use for transload), but will they ever fill the gaps in the exterior wall siding along the rail siding (could get drafty).
The building is intended to transload contaminated soils. No unloading is planned at this time.
 #1339477  by bwparker1

A Test car was spotted earlier this week at the RED Technologies building. As of now, still no active business but hoping to get customers on board soon.
Test Car
Test Car
FOTDD01.jpg (87.55 KiB) Viewed 5908 times
 #1346761  by bwparker1

RED Technologies shipped their first loads (4 cars) of contaminated soils last week. Attached is a picture of the P&WRR coming to retrieve the loads.
20150901_143818.jpg
20150901_143818.jpg (235.36 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
 #1346783  by bwparker1

ebtmikado wrote:I have been told that RED shipped 9 loads of dirty dirt last week,
and will be continuing to do so.

Lee
I'm sure 9 loads is accurate, I was told by my friend at RED that the first shipment was 4 cars. RED has borrowed a trackmobile from CWPM to move the gondolas at the Portland facility for the short term.
 #1347111  by boatsmate

I noticed in the picture there is a 6 axle engine, I thought they where not allowed beyond Reeds Gap??? am I wrong? also Iit was reported the 150 was going to be going there to switch cars is that still going to happen??

Thanks in advance

Capt Bill
 #1347115  by Pwrrfan

The locomotive in the photo, 582, is a B40-8W, a four axle unit. Six axles are still banned north of Reeds, and that probably won't change.

As for 150, who knows?

5 cars is the max because of FRA track standards.
 #1347127  by bwparker1

boatsmate wrote:I noticed in the picture there is a 6 axle engine, I thought they where not allowed beyond Reeds Gap??? am I wrong? also Iit was reported the 150 was going to be going there to switch cars is that still going to happen??

Thanks in advance

Capt Bill
I have not heard an update on the 150 but I will find out this weekend and let the group know the latest....
 #1348803  by bwparker1

Some updated pictures from today. Gondola is a P&W car.
Photo Sep 16, 12 57 31 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 16, 12 57 31 PM.jpg (192.89 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Photo Sep 16, 12 58 46 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 16, 12 58 46 PM.jpg (169.75 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Photo Sep 16, 1 00 56 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 16, 1 00 56 PM.jpg (227.36 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
 #1348868  by bwparker1

Photo Sep 16, 12 45 20 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 16, 12 45 20 PM.jpg (136.38 KiB) Viewed 5408 times
Swing Bridge in the closed position from Yesterday.
 #1352921  by Brendan

Twice now in the last month I have caught the bridge in Middletown lined for rail use and was wondering what customer they were serving. Thanks for all the posts here. Good to see regular trains to Portland again. Now if Pratt and Whitney would start using rail again we could see trains heading south of Washington street again. I know I'm dreaming.