Railroad Forums 

• PW Dash 8 testing on the Branford Steam Railroad

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1308460  by MEC407

Video by "ebtmikado":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb2m1_cNXPk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ebtmikado wrote:Published on Dec 17, 2014

BSRR borrowed Providence & Worcester 4003 to test an engine with dynamic brakes on the steep grades of the quarry railroad.
 #1308475  by jaymac

Such colliding contrasts:
-Diesels on Branford Steam Railroad
-Concrete ties and Pandrol clips for stick rail
-Roller bearings and friction bearings
There are probably more, but those stuck out.
 #1308479  by MEC407

It's also the nicest looking industrial shortline I've ever seen. It looks like the Northeast Corridor compared to the easternmost parts of PAR's mainline.
 #1308494  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MEC407 wrote:It's also the nicest looking industrial shortline I've ever seen. It looks like the Northeast Corridor compared to the easternmost parts of PAR's mainline.
It's Branford's pride-and-joy, and also owner Tilcon Connecticut's. Especially given proximity to the Branford Electric trolley trail and Shore Line Trolley Museum. It's a town that really promotes its railway history.

This brand new bridge over CT Route 80 is particularly neat.
 #1308506  by MEC407

Yes, that is a very cool bridge indeed. When was it built?

I would be surprised if it didn't win the American Institute of Steel Construction's annual "Most Beautiful Steel Bridge" award in the "small bridge" category.
 #1308530  by DutchRailnut

No friction bearings, the cars are modified ( no cover on ) inside old friction bearing housing is roller bearing adaptor.
 #1308585  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MEC407 wrote:Yes, that is a very cool bridge indeed. When was it built?

I would be surprised if it didn't win the American Institute of Steel Construction's annual "Most Beautiful Steel Bridge" award in the "small bridge" category.
2012. Was part of a 10-years-delayed CDOT widening project on Route 80. Haven't seen any photos of it all lit up at night.

#1308590  by jaymac

DutchRailnut » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:13 pm
No friction bearings, the cars are modified ( no cover on ) inside old friction bearing housing is roller bearing adaptor.
Thanks for setting things and me straight.