Class I Stock Discussion

For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Class I Stock Discussion

Post by Jeff Smith » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:56 am

DISCLOSURE AND ADMIN NOTE: This thread is for the discussion of Class I Stock, profitability, etc. RAILROAD.NET makes no representation or warranties as to the prospects of this stock or company; all risk is assumed by investors only. Publication of insider information is punishable under law. The views expressed herein are those of the member only.
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator/Co-Owner

Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Re: Class I Stock Discussion

Post by Jeff Smith » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:59 am

Rough day: BostonGlobe.com
Stocks extend losses as railroads sink industrial companies

Stocks extended their losses into a second day on Wednesday as railroad operator CSX had its biggest drop in 11 years, pulling other industrial companies down with it. Banks also fell as investors worried that lower interest rates will hurt their profits going forward. Investors expect the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates for the first time in a decade at their next policy meeting in two weeks. The yield on the 10-year Treasury fell to 2.05 percent from 2.12 percent late Tuesday as investors headed for less risky holdings. CSX plunged 10.3 percent after saying it now expects its revenue to decline as much as 2 percent this year, after previously saying it expected growth. Investors read that as trouble for the entire industry and sent the stocks of other railroad operators lower. Union Pacific sank 6.1 percent and Norfolk Southern dropped 7.5 percent.
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator/Co-Owner

Return to “General Class I and II Discussion”