Railroad Forums 

• Clinchfield south of Irwin information

• Forum dedicated to the Seaboard System Railroad and its predecessors, aka The Family Lines System, prior to its operational merger with the Chessie System, forming CSX, in 1982. Predecessors included the Atlantic Coast Line, the West Point Route, the Clinchfield, the Louisville and Nashville, the Seaboard Air Line, and the Seaboard Coast Line.
Forum dedicated to the Seaboard System Railroad and its predecessors, aka The Family Lines System, prior to its operational merger with the Chessie System, forming CSX, in 1982. Predecessors included the Atlantic Coast Line, the West Point Route, the Clinchfield, the Louisville and Nashville, the Seaboard Air Line, and the Seaboard Coast Line.
 #1056324  by BAR

I am interested in exploring the Clinchfield south of Irwin this Fall and have never been in the area before. Any advice on accessing the Nolichucky River Gorge or The Loops? My railfan partner and I do not mind doing some hiking. Please reply via post or private message. Thanks very much.

Bill
Williamsburg, VA
 #1154402  by BAR

We did not do the Clinchfield trip last Fall but are planning it for mid April. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Since I received no replies to my original posting is there a better forum on which to post?

Bill
Williamsburg, VA
 #1154787  by hutton_switch

Sorry you were unable to get any information; the Clinchfield is a road that intrigues me, though I haven't gotten into it as much as I ought and would like to. I primarily concentrate on the B&O.

As far as other forums are concerned, try looking for a Clinchfield forum in Yahoo, or try http://www.railfan.net