Railroad Forums 

• Southern Railway at Piedmont, Alabama

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #922220  by Strut

Good Evening,

Was hoping to find out when Southern Railway stopped scheduled passenger service at Piedmont, Alabama.....(our town was also served by Seaboard but that's another subject). I have a few Official Railway Guides and see that Southern still served Piedmont in October '47 but it was apparently done sometime before 1955. This line is now a paved bicycle trail (Silver Comet Trail in Georgia, Chief Ladiga Trail here in Alabama). I hope to purchase a Southern Railway timetable on Ebay after I nail down when they abandoned this route. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Strut