Railroad Forums 

• What to go see while in Richmond area?

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #886837  by avenger29

During the second half of Feb, I will be furloughed for two weeks and I plan to go visit some of my family in Richmond, VA for that time period. I plan on swinging by the Richmond train station in the downtown, but are there any railroad museums and such?
 #887256  by chefwrg

We're working on opening the Richmond Railway Museum in the old Southern Railway Station on Hull St, but that probably won't be open yet. We do have a restoration yard just to the southwest of town. Photos and information about all of this and Richmond Railroad hisstory can be found at www.odcnrhs.org

win
 #887325  by avenger29

chefwrg wrote:We're working on opening the Richmond Railway Museum in the old Southern Railway Station on Hull St, but that probably won't be open yet. We do have a restoration yard just to the southwest of town. Photos and information about all of this and Richmond Railroad hisstory can be found at http://www.odcnrhs.org

win
Cool! I'll be sure to visit when ya'll do open, as I am up there once or twice a year.