Railroad Forums 

• CSX Move on Florida Northern?

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #801817  by Ocala Mike

Driving on US41 around the intersection of FL326 in Morriston, I saw a string of empty hoppers heading N/B behind CSX motive power on the FNOR line between Dunnellon and Williston. Was this a CSX move?

Was wondering because I haven't seen a train of any description at that location for years, and, coincidentally?, there was an accident this past Sunday afternoon involving a SUV t-boning the engine of a freight train at a nearby crossing. I didn't think FNOR even moved on Sundays.

Anyone know if traffic on this line is increasing and/or if CSX is involved with any increase in traffic?