Railroad Forums 

• Morehead!!!

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #763909  by dirtydave

I was in Morehead Ky today, I saw a small engine with two cars behind it parked in some sort of shed. One of the cars had the chessie cat on it. They obviously have not been moved for quite some time. My boss said that something happened to the tracks, and instead of fixing it they just left the equipment parked there. I do not belive that because he is full of crap. But I am curious if any one can atleast come up with something more believable, even if its not true. :-D
 #798168  by iceman977th

Hm. My assumption would be it was once part of the now cut Lexington Industrial Track. I've been wanting to trace back the old route & find any trackage, but beyond the KY Electric Steel plant, the tracks are gone. I see where the track was ran, but can't see any track now.
 #854633  by iceman977th

Ok, after surfing around, I found this site with a picture at the bottom right that fits your description. If so, then it's the Morehead & North Folk RR.
 #854880  by dirtydave

That would be it Iceman. I think there is an engine there somewhere also.
 #854893  by dirtydave

iceman977th wrote:P.S. tell me where they're at. I want to go get pictures on Sunday. :)
Well, if you get off I 64 at the Morehead exit, I believe it is exit 137, the one for hiway 32. Get off the ramp and turn towards Morehead state university. Turn on hiway 60, this is where it gets fuzzy, I havent been there in a few months, cant remember which direction to go, but its not far either way, so you will have to explore the city of more head a little to find them, but thats most of the fun aint it.
To any one that maybe interested I have a brass car lock with L&N cast in the front of it. It is posted in the for sale forum.