Railroad Forums 

• Locomotives in WV, Summer 09

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #744906  by WSH

I was in the Northern part of the state over the summer with my family and got in a little locomotive siteseeing along the way.

Enjoy,

We found this old rusty logging locomotive in Thomas, WV. I assume it used to work the old line to all the coke overs and the old line that went past Douglas Falls and into Davis. My daughter posed in the cab for a few of these:

Then in Belington we stoped by the Durbin & Greenbrier Valley Railroad's main shops and yard to check out a few diesels: