Railroad Forums 

• Travel to West Virginia and lower Pennsylvania

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #706809  by MikeVT

I'll be traveling down into WV and lower PA over the next couple of weeks. Any recommendations on towns/areas to visit. I'm more interested in historical trains/buildings/towns than seeing current tains.

Mike
 #707057  by hutton_switch

I recommend that when you get into West Virginia, stop at the town of Grafton to see the historic B&O station there. It used to be a hotel as well, and now serves as a museum. The town of Morgantown also has a historic station, designed by legendary B&O architect, E. Francis Baldwin. And up in the northern West Virginia panhandle, in the town of Wheeling, is also the Wheeling station, now occupied by the Northern West Virginia Community College.