Railroad Forums 

• Tombstone Junction - Cumberland Falls, Kentucky

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #685166  by jscola30

I've been reading up on abandoned/long gone amusement parks and touris attractions and came upon this attraction and this Wikipedia page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tombstone_Junction

This part intrigued me "Home video of the park is almost non-existent; however there is a rare video (less than two dozen copies) that is in circulation among the Kentucky railfan community. It was taken by the engineer of the train ride in 1989 just before the first fire and features probably the best (if short) views of the park in its last days of operation. The rest of the video consists of run-bys of the train as well as a trip around the entire track loop from the cab of the locomotive."

Is this true?

(also will post in SE Eastern Railfan Forum)
 #686563  by Bartman-tn

I saw some video of this operation a number of years ago. It used an 0-6-0 which is now at the Big South Fork Scenic.

The railroad was a small loop with one grade well over 2%. The train would build up speed to make it while pulling several open cars. I remember the footage almost looked like a roller coaster.