Railroad Forums 

• Steam-era passenger trains in Mississippi

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #676111  by mwyus

I am researching Passenger Train Names in the days of steam in Mississippi. Two names I have found at the Miss Dept of Archives & History are as follows: #2008 engine in 1909 was called the Bumble Bee also engine #2015 called Old Miss also about the same time in Canton, MS. Any information I can get about passenger trains in Mississippi would be great. Also have some info about the Hummingbird from up north to Mobile, AL and across MS to New Orleans. We have a display coming to the state from The Smithsonian Institution this December. I am trying to setup some local displays to enhance our display in Hazelhurst, MS. Thanks for any input or additonal info, Mike