Railroad Forums 

• Looking for Info on CSX/Florida Northern in Marion County

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1376503  by cmaverickv

Hello, southern railfans! I am Cade, and I am beginning to design routes for N3V's Trainz: A New Era. Currently I am in the early stages of building the Florida Northern Railroad between Lowell and Candler Florida in Marion County. I was hoping to find some people on here to give me some information on their operations and businesses FNOR serves in Marion County and also CSX in Ocala only from their own observations. I wanted to know what they ship in and out of these industries to make it a more realistic simulation. I believe there's somewhere are around 24 industries on this part of the FNOR.
Once in my childhood I lived in Belleview and if I could've I would've railfanned the area myself. However, I hope there are some central Florida people here that have done it before. I really would appreciate the help!
 #1376724  by Ocala Mike

I live near Ocala, but don't do much railfanning any more. Here's a video showing some street running in town: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMJIfhdHpy4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I also recommend going to Youtube, and looking up "Florida Northern Railroad in Ocala, FL." Most of the stuff is dated (4 or more years ago), but happy hunting! I'm not certain, but I think Seminole Feed and/or Ocala Breeders Sales still get cars now and then. Good luck!