Railroad Forums 

• CSX and predecessors in Greenville, SC

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1229314  by SouthernRailway

Greenville, SC seems to me to be Norfolk Southern territory, but there are a few CSX lines there. Would anyone know the history and current use of two lines that I imagine are CSX lines, or were lines of its predecessors?

1. One line that parallels Laurens Road, crosses Haywood and Woodruff Roads, and I think used to head downtown; there was a wooden trestle along Washington Street between downtown and Laurens Road. Does anyone know the historical and current use (if any) of the line?

2. One line that runs along part of Augusta Road between downtown and Church Street; if you're heading away from downtown, it's on the right.

Thanks!