Railroad Forums 

• Tropical Storm/Hurrican Issac

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1076394  by Noel Weaver

Just in case anybody on here was wondering what was happening with the various railroad operations in the Fort Lauderdale area with the current weather conditions here is what I can come up with:
CSX is not operating and neither is Amtrak south of Orlando or Tri-Rail which of course is our commuter train operation. Last I checked both will also be shut down on Monday, August 27th.
Florida East Coast ran a southbound or maybe even two very early Sunday morning, August 26th but since then has not run anything south of Fort Pierce. Train 101 today will tie up southbound at Fort Pierce and the crew will deadhead back to Bowden Yard, Jacksonville. Train 101 will be held there until weather conditions here improve.
As for Fort Lauderdale we have been getting the outer bands of this system so at times we have very heavy winds and rains while other times nothing and I guess this will continue for a bit longer. I went out this evening for a quick snack and there was very little traffic but the traveling was not as bad as I thought it might be.
Noel Weaver