Railroad Forums 

• Corvallis railfaning

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#1040744  by AC4400

I'm moving to Corvallis, OR next week. I know that Portland & Western Railroad runs in the middle of Corvallis. But is there anyone knows the approximate schedule of P&W, or at least which time of day is the busiest to see those trains in Corvallis?
 #1046861  by wigwagfan

A good source of info is the Portland & Western Railroad discussion group on Yahoo.

I believe that the Toledo Hauler runs westbound in the late afternoon/evening; eastbound is at night. There is a Corvallis Switcher that works out of Albany but I'm not sure of the schedule. The Westsider I believe also runs through Corvallis Junction (north end of town, but not through downtown) in the afternoon/evening and returns in the morning.

The Albany & Eastern has a GP-9 that works the former "Lower Westside" (a.k.a. Bailey Branch) under contract to Vernell Farms which now owns the railroad south of Corvallis; it seems to run on an as-needed basis. But they don't run north of the yard and onto 6th Street.