Railroad Forums 

• Columbia Basin Railroad for Sale?

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#887432  by joemartinrailfan

I was forwarded the following meeting minutes from a recent Clark County Railroad Advisory Board Meeting.

http://www.co.clark.wa.us/general-servi ... inutes.pdf

In the meeting minutes, it says that "There have been struggles in the main office of CBRR (Columbia Basin Railroad). Eric Temple made an offer to his brother to purchase three of the railroads. His brother wants true market value for these railroads. Within the next month the sale will be sent out to five or six different railroads to buy all three of singly. A Washington DC attorney will market it for sale. Eric has the first right of refusal. This will hopefully be settled by the end of March."

Has anybody heard about this? The above statement was made in a public meeting. However, I can't find any mention of it in the media. Reading between the lines, it sounds like some sort of internal family squabble is forcing the sale of this rail line.
 #888873  by wigwagfan

I'd like to know what other railroads are owned by the family; according to their corporate website (http://www.temple-industries.com) there are only three railroads owned under the Temple banner. "Three of the railroads" means all of the railroads?

This sounds too similar to the breakup of the Willamette Valley Railroad, with the Root brothers splitting the company into two (WVR controlling the former West Stayton Branch; newly formed Albany & Eastern to operate the Mill City and Sweet Home lines, with the Independence trackage sold to a former partner and the Willamina & Grande Ronde line sold to its only shipper.)