Railroad Forums 

• In TAC, could you see the Sounder ROW from the BNSF main

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#812191  by njtmnrrbuff

Hello all,
I'm wonder if you could see the Sounder right of way in Tacoma from the BNSF main that runs from SEA to PDX and points south. I notice that Sounder runs on an elevated structure before heading back to grade for its Tacoma Station.
I'll be riding through Tacoma on Amtrak, and would like to say I have ridden all of Sounder, even though, technically, I haven't really. thanks.
 #812391  by Vincent

The view will be obstructed by a few buildings, but the tracks to the Tacoma Sounder station can be seen from the BNSF line. After the Pt. Defiance bypass is built (now projected for completion in 2015 due to the FRA requiring WSDOT to re-do the environmental studies) the Sounder and Cascades trains will be on the same tracks all the way to Lakewood.