Railroad Forums 

• Meeker Southern

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#802594  by simtech06

Hi

Since i will be in the Dupont area for the next few weeks does anyone have any information about the Meeker Southern and when it might be a good time to see them run?

Thank you

alex
 #956222  by CVRnut

The Meeker Southern runs from Puyallup to just outside Orting. Operations are as needed to so when you go there, you might or might not catch them. I think there are only two customers online. A steel fabrication plant that recieves coil steel and a bulk handling plant towards the south end. The line used to end at a box factory a couple of miles outside Orting, but I think this stretch has been recently abandoned. To get to the Meeker, you take I-5 north, then turn on to SR-512 and follow it down past the fairgrounds, take the Pioneer Ave. exit and go east out of town. You,ll run right by the junction in the next two miles or less. Its been a very long time since I,ve been up there, but that,ll get you close
CVRnut