Railroad Forums 

• Great Northern locomotives in movie

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#731881  by Paul1705

In the movie Dancer in the Dark, which was released in 2000, two locomotives in Great Northern colors appear in a few scenes. One appears to be an E or F cab unit, the other may be an Alco RS-3.

I found information on a movie site that indicates part of the filming was done in Arlington, Washington.

Does anybody have information about where these engines might have come from? Is there a museum in the area that owns such units?

Thanks!
 #732332  by Paul1705

Thanks for the information.

Somehow that never occurred to me. (Also, I don't know much about Swedish equipment.) I was pretty sure the film didn't have the budget to ship locomotives from the United States to Sweden, so I just assumed it had to be in America.