Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning Dupont WA

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#597679  by simtech06

Hi i am going to be in the Dupont WA area from the 6th to the 19th of this month and i was hoping to get some railfanning tips. Since i will be in the area for work and sharing a rental car with coworkers i hope there is nothing that is too far away that is worth while

thank you

alex
 #598293  by Vincent

Head to Tacoma, in the downtown area you'll get BNSF, UP, Tacoma Rail, Amtrak Superliners plus Talgos and Sound Transit Bombardier Bi-Levels. There's also a modern streetcar line that runs through downtown T-Town. Freighthouse Square is a good starting point for up-close views. Also, you could head out to Titlow Beach (on the north side of town) where there's good background scenery. The somewhat seedy Hilltop neighborhood has an excellent panoramic view of the downtown operations, go to Tacoma Ave S at about S. 25th St. and you'll be able to get a bird's eye view of the entire Tacoma yard.