Railroad Forums 

• Brief Introduction

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#592086  by ScatterMew

Hi everyone - I'm Catie! I originally come from Massachusetts, where I developed my great love of subways/urban transit, but I also have at least a passing interest in the bigger trains. I came up with a whole alternate subway system for Boston, using old stop names and possible extensions. One of these days I'll get someone to make a map of it. Now I'm in Portland (to live with my girlfriend), riding the MAX (and envisioning extensions to current service) and eagerly awaiting the new WES to start up (est. Feb 2009). I also like being in the middle of a town/city (Beaverton, especially) seeing these huge trains cross tracks right through the centre of town! I didn't really see that much in Massachusetts, since the trains were usually much shorter and didn't usually cross large thoroughfares anymore. I'd also like to research into the rail history of the Portland area, especially old trolley routes that don't run anymore. I don't tend to be overly active on this forum because I don't feel I have much to add, but I do love reading people's posts and even occasionally meeting people from here. Otto and I had a nice day back in June or July riding on the Mattapan trolleys in Boston, seeing new Blue Line subway cars and getting ice cream on Revere Beach. XD I even went to a meeting of the BSRA back in Boston, commemorating the anniversary of the end of the Washington Street Elevated (I was the little redheaded girl in overalls and a pale blue Tinkerbell hoodie). So, that's my introduction. I'll post it on the MBTA forum, too, since that's the forum that brought me to this board in the first place. It's nice to meet all of you!

--Catie

(If this introduction is inappropriate or in the wrong section, please delete it and accept my apologies)
 #592517  by railohio

Good to see other train/transit/anime fans on here. :-D