Railroad Forums 

• Seeking info on Pacific Car & Foundry creations

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#1320564  by n2qhvRMLI

Gentle Forum Members,

The Railroad Museum of Long Island is looking at a 40' insulated boxcar located in Pennsylvania for acquisition. Upon close inspection it appears to be a 1960 product of the Pacific Car & Foundry, (PACCAR), of Seattle, Washington. May I call upon the knowledge base of the Pacific Northwest Forum for any information you may have about this car? Your assistance is appreciated.

Know that I have sent a letter to PACCAR to see if they hold any data in their archives about the car. Sadly, knowing the changes and losses that occur as a corporation creates and morphs to new heights, one is never sure what old information remains :-( I will happily share anything that comes from PACCAR with the Forum and I thank you in advance for any knowledge you may share :-)

Best.
Don Fisher, President

Railroad Museum of Long Island