Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning in Snohomish County, WA

• Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).
Discussion related to railroading activities past and present in the American Pacific Northwest (including Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia).

Moderator: lbshelby

#1143198  by Timo1094

Hello all, I'm brand new to railfanning and was wondering if any of you could give me any advice on locations in and around Snohomish County. My uncle is really into railfanning and works for Tacoma Rail and he used to take me around when I was younger but I don't remember any of the locations. So If any of you could show me any locations that'd be nice.
 #1143856  by Vincent

Carkeek Park in north Seattle is good--there's a footbridge over the tracks and a beach to watch the trains from. The ferry terminals in Edmonds and Mukilteo also have good views. Richmond Beach is another good spot and there are footbridges crossing over the BNSF tracks in Meadowdale Beach Park and in Picnic Point Park.