Trainz simulator 12

General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: 8th Notch, LIRRMEDFORD

Post Reply
MBTA1016
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Walpole MA

Trainz simulator 12

Post by MBTA1016 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm getting it today(currently downloading), how is it realistically? I've seen some YouTube videos but not a lot.
Its an upgrade from trainz 2006. I know it's a little outdated. Whats really a good route? I'm gonna use the nec and the Mojave pass a lot.
Josh.W
Formally mbta fan
WE ARE BOSTON, WE ARE BOSTON STRONG


Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116905626@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blog: http://jpwilkinson2448.blogspot.com/?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LIRRMEDFORD
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:10 am
Location: Medford,NY
Contact:

Re: Trainz simulator 12

Post by LIRRMEDFORD » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:22 am

I have yet to play it. It will be my next simulator purchase though. Let me know what its like I'm dying to know :D

MBTA1016
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Walpole MA

Re: Trainz simulator 12

Post by MBTA1016 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:40 pm

LIRRMEDFORD wrote:I have yet to play it. It will be my next simulator purchase though. Let me know what its like I'm dying to know :D

Nec has the acela express(3 trains), norfolk southern freights that leave the map(also 3 trains),
A lot if septa locals with ae7s as power(at least 5). Goes from philadelphia 30th st sation to Wilmington de.
4 track line till you start approaching Wilmington. Middle two acela tracks, outside locals, multiple stations on the outside tracks between Philly and Wilmington. Ditch lights work on all locos and septa cabcars.

Mojave sub, all freights(4 session from Bakersfield to Mojave or vice versa. All long trains from topc to a coal train.
Sorry that's all I played haven't played the other routes yet.
Josh.W
Formally mbta fan
WE ARE BOSTON, WE ARE BOSTON STRONG


Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116905626@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blog: http://jpwilkinson2448.blogspot.com/?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ken W2KB
Posts: 5753
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:27 pm
Location: Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey & Tiverton, RI USA
Contact:

Re: Trainz simulator 12

Post by Ken W2KB » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Mbta fan wrote:Mojave sub, all freights(4 session from Bakersfield to Mojave or vice versa. All long trains from topc to a coal train.
How does it compare? ;-) http://www.youtube.com/user/W2KB#p/u/5/w38QVqC21AI
~Ken :: Fairmont ex-UP/MP C436 MT-14M1 ::
Black River Railroad Historical Trust :: [/url]

LIRRMEDFORD
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:10 am
Location: Medford,NY
Contact:

Re: Trainz simulator 12

Post by LIRRMEDFORD » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm not sure but I heard the NEC and Acela are seperate purchases. They are the main reason i'm buying it though

MBTA1016
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Walpole MA

Re: Trainz simulator 12

Post by MBTA1016 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:46 pm

LIRRMEDFORD wrote:I'm not sure but I heard the NEC and Acela are seperate purchases. They are the main reason i'm buying it though

Sorry you heard wrong they are in the game already
Josh.W
Formally mbta fan
WE ARE BOSTON, WE ARE BOSTON STRONG


Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116905626@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blog: http://jpwilkinson2448.blogspot.com/?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MBTA1016
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Walpole MA

Re: Trainz simulator 12

Post by MBTA1016 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Ken W2KB wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:Mojave sub, all freights(4 session from Bakersfield to Mojave or vice versa. All long trains from topc to a coal train.
How does it compare? ;-) http://www.youtube.com/user/W2KB#p/u/5/w38QVqC21AI


That loop is in the game also, what else do you need to know? In my opinion it is worth buying, but I'm biased towards the US routes(nec, Mojave sub)
Josh.W
Formally mbta fan
WE ARE BOSTON, WE ARE BOSTON STRONG


Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116905626@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blog: http://jpwilkinson2448.blogspot.com/?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ken W2KB
Posts: 5753
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:27 pm
Location: Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey & Tiverton, RI USA
Contact:

Re: Trainz simulator 12

Post by Ken W2KB » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Mbta fan wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:Mojave sub, all freights(4 session from Bakersfield to Mojave or vice versa. All long trains from topc to a coal train.
How does it compare? ;-) http://www.youtube.com/user/W2KB#p/u/5/w38QVqC21AI


That loop is in the game also, what else do you need to know? In my opinion it is worth buying, but I'm biased towards the US routes(nec, Mojave sub)
Thanks!
~Ken :: Fairmont ex-UP/MP C436 MT-14M1 ::
Black River Railroad Historical Trust :: [/url]

MBTA1016
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Walpole MA

Re: Trainz simulator 12

Post by MBTA1016 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Anything else u gus need to know?
Josh.W
Formally mbta fan
WE ARE BOSTON, WE ARE BOSTON STRONG


Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116905626@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blog: http://jpwilkinson2448.blogspot.com/?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Reply

Return to “Gaming & Simulations”