Railroad Forums 

• how to view BNSF Emulator on an android phone

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#889957  by jclansanz

I have an android phone and i want to be able to check my companies emulator. I know that the iphone has a "cloud Browser" that allows you to login and view this emulator. Does anyone know of a browser or a download that i can use.
 #1146684  by mtbr.mike

jclansanz wrote:I have an android phone and i want to be able to check my companies emulator. I know that the iphone has a "cloud Browser" that allows you to login and view this emulator. Does anyone know of a browser or a download that i can use.
The new Emulator APP for Android is super smooth for logging in to check the boards on my phone. (APPLE version coming in a few weeks)

First It needs to be configured with the BNSF URL associated with the Emulator
once placed in the app it is saved and never needs to be entered again.

This app didn't redesign the Emulator (it can't) all it did was make the experience that much easier, for example.
1. You don't have to capitalize anything (it does it for you).
2. It has underlines on/off so you know where to type.
3. F-keys on the screen are a thing of the past, this app has a tool bar with the F-keys in it.
4. The enter button on the phone keyboard works and doesn't send you to a "terminal error"
5. I can log in and check a board in less than 30 seconds at the moment with this app, try that through a phone browser.
6. Very soon it will auto save your log in/password AND IT WILL WORK.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I have spoke to the developer and he wants to make it perfect.
 #1146688  by mtbr.mike

Engineer Spike wrote:I downloaded Mozilla Firefox Mobile. I use Firefox on my home computer too.
Woops sorry-- to find the APP go to the app store and type in "Emulator 3270" or "BNSF Emulator" it's called Emulator Access 3270

It really is a much smoother way to log in. You can tell it was made by someone that new what we wanted.
 #1149080  by mtbr.mike

Engineer Spike wrote:I downloaded Mozilla Firefox Mobile. I use Firefox on my home computer too.
You said what does the Emulator do that a browser does not do? well I made a little video for you

www (and then) youtube.com/watch?v=MtNQDPQ4Gt8"]Emulator Access 3270

It's automated and saves your log in info now. Also you mentioned the cost was to high so it was dropped to $5.99. I'd like to hear your opinion please take a look.

The app is called "Emulator Access 3270" on the android app store.
The I-phone version will be out in a week