Railroad Forums 

• MSTS tech support

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#1278988  by ferroequinologist

Hey guys,

I tried to run MSTS today and ran into a small issue. It seems that over the years some of the add-on files I've gotten have gotten messed up, which confuses MSTS. Whenever I run it, it throws a series of error messages that particular files are "missing from train database" or something. It's my guess that files that've gone missing are referenced in consists, but I can't find where. I'd rather not reinstall everything, since I got a paid-add-on years ago that I can't find the CD for. Anyone know how I should troubleshoot? Thanks.
 #1279246  by ferroequinologist

Update: most of the alerts go away with re-installing the relevant add-ons and re-doing the potentially problematic consists. I still have an error from the DD35 for some reason though.