Railroad Forums 

• Southbound KCS excursion?

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#802818  by mobarbq

This train was stopped in the Joplin yards near the Vernon Sigars viaduct (seen in the background) Friday 30 April 2010. There wasn't anything about it in the news. Does anyone recognize it and perhaps know what the destination was, etc? (not my photo)

#803605  by 3rd Gen. Brakeman

mobarbq wrote:This train was stopped in the Joplin yards near the Vernon Sigars viaduct (seen in the background) Friday 30 April 2010. There wasn't anything about it in the news. Does anyone recognize it and perhaps know what the destination was, etc? (not my photo)

That would be the KCS buisness train. They get their moneys' worth out of it too! I've never heard of KCS running any excursions with it, but they do run a Christmas train that visits cities along the line for static displays along with it. I'm sure I'd hear about excursions! My father (KCS 1969-Present) and my grandfather (KCS 1954-1988) keep tabs on the train for me!
 #804677  by mobarbq

Thanks! I appreciate it.