Railroad Forums 

• Springfield, IL local

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#654623  by Iles

I have observed the Roodhouse, IL to Springfield, IL turn running during daylight hours again....

For at least a couple of years, if not longer, this train has been running in and out of Springfield around 23:00-01:00. Now it seems the schedule has been flipped by 12 hours and is running in and out of Springfield around 11:00-13:00.

This train makes a turn to the I&M yard (using a combination of NS, UP & CN trackage rights) to interchange with CN and I&M and heads back west.

Recent observations:

Westbound @ WE Siding (NS trackage on southwest side of Springfield) on March 20 @ approx. 13:00 w/ GWWR 2037 leading.

Eastbound @ Hazel Dell (NS/UP joint trackage on south side of Springfield) on March 23 @ 11:30 w/ KCS GP38 and GWWR 2037.

Really surprised to see GWWR 2037 still around. Paint is in decent shape. Hope to get some pix of this before it moves on to another locale.

If anyone has any information about train numbers/symbols and schedules for road trains and locals operating out of or through Roodhouse, IL please post!