Railroad Forums 

• Rosenberg to Victoria, TX

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#514989  by rails1999

Anyone know the latest with the abondoned SP line between Victoria and Rosenberg that KCS is suppose to re-do? Looks like roadbed is partially complete part of the way. Also, any knowledge on a yard that KCS is building outside on Rosenberg? Heard they purchased about 3-400 acres .
 #592132  by MPX

This past summer I drove though there. They rebuilt all the way up to Kendleton with train service all ready in tact. I even spotted a new heritage ES44AC. They are also supposed to be rebuilding from the other end so they can meet at some point.
 #644998  by oat324

So will they try and buy more right of way to expand the line to Beeville, then southeast to Skidmore, and finally south to Alice?
 #683626  by ajontherails

The re-habbed line is officially opened today (June 17,2009.) I just got word from someone who is out there taking pictures and talking to folks:

1) around 11 am today a rtrain leaves from Rosenberg and one from Victoria - they will meet around Toro or Louise

2) The Heritage Grain Train is parked at Kendleton for photos

3) July 1st (ish) Heritage Business train with Mike Haverty aboard will be stopping to visit with Mayors in the towns along the line....

Hope this is useful to some folks