Railroad Forums 

• KCS in KC

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#514681  by dhaugh

Can anyone tell me if the KCS runs on any sort of predictable schedule out of Kansas City... and how often? I'm heading that way next month & would like to see something besides the usual BNSF and UP...

#521380  by dhaugh

Yes, I'm replying to my own post, but well, no one else has. My trip is one week from now & I'm still hoping for a response. I've more recently heard that KCS has turned the old GeBaur Airbase into an intermodal facility in Belton, MO a southern suburb of KC. But, still hoping for more info than that.

#522055  by MC8000

Try the Yahoo Group group for KCS, this board is dead. You'll have to join to post but at least someone out there will answer you. GL.

#532397  by PSNOUS

The intermodal facility at the old airbase is true but it is not completed yet but is in progress
 #552240  by John_Perkowski

KCS Joint Agency yard is in the East Bottoms, near the Sears warehouse and Mid-America Railcar.

I've seen an increasing number of KCS movements (mostly SB coal and grain) on the old CB&Q coming out of BNSF Murray Yard, NKC.
 #553173  by Tadman

Also I see lots of the new Belle-painted units picking up trains off I70 at the east end of Armordale yard.