Railroad Forums 

• Moving to Kansas

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#253283  by Tadman

Howdy;
I spend a lot of time on the Chicago-area forums here, as I live there, but I'm moving to Lawrence, KS soon. Anybody have any insights for a KC railfan-to-be?
 #320939  by escobarclan

Pittsburg knsas has a nice little terminal, with ALOT of through freight. There is a nice overpas right over the tie down are for pic of pwr and trains. I work out of heavener, and deliver to PB occaisionally.

#322903  by Tadman

welcome to the forum, I'm up in Lawrence, KS, which means I don't get to see much KCS action. However, I'd like to get an internship this summer with the KCS because I'd like to be a railroad lawyer some day. And not the ones the argue with the employees over benefits, I'd like to be the kind that argues with the goverment over expanding service, etc...