Railroad Forums 

• katrina damage?

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#168610  by consist

How come nobody has reported on hurricane damage? I saw footage of a flooded yard, and heard stories of rerouted traffic on the news, but this whole forum seems oddly quiet on the various disruptions caused on the Gulf Coast.

#168937  by doepack

KCS operates a line between Shreveport and New Orleans, which did sustain major damage, and as of last week, the line was only open as far south as Frellsen, which is about 10 miles outside New Orleans. No timetable is available yet on when full service will be restored. Fortunately, though, its east-west "Meridian Speedway" route, a key intermodal corridor between Meridian, MS and Shreveport, was not hit quite as hard, and has been back in service for several weeks now. Additionally, NS has an agreement with KCS to temporarily re-route its intermodal traffic on this segment between Mississippi and Texas, until repairs on its own route are complete.
 #648166  by atsf sp

I'll be in New Orleans over the summer, is KCS's line back in full operating? I would think it would be but any damage still apparent?