Railroad Forums 

• Why Britain's hated Pacer trains just won't go away

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1533613  by David Benton

(CNN) — Every day, Pacer trains trundle through some of the most beautiful scenery in northern England, across rolling dales and moody moorlands, before pulling up in the great cities of the region: Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield.
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ ... index.html

I think we outside Europe have to realize how good their track and trains normally are.
When i rode the Pacers, I quite enjoyed the feeling of movement , compared to the normal smoothness.
 #1533637  by johnthefireman

I love Pacers. They were an innovative product at a time when cash was short and new trains were needed, and they have served well for the best part of 40 years. I ride them from time to time down the little branch line from Exeter when I visit my sister in Exmouth, and also in Cornwall a year or two ago, and I don't agree that they are uncomfortable, although of course they don't have wifi and fancy destination screens. And I agree with you that they pass through some of the most beautiful scenery - and they have big windows which give you a good view of it, unlike some of the more modern trains.